Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Who am I? - - THE HABIT

Who am I?

I am your constant companion. I am your greatest helper or heaviest burden. I will push you onward or drag you down to failture. I am completely at your command. Half the thing you do might just as well turn over me, and I will be able to do them quickly and correctly. I am easily managed - you must merely be firm with me.

Show me exactly how you want something done, and after a few lessons, I will do it automatically. I am the servant of all great people; and alas of all failures as well. Those who are failures I have made failures.

I am not a machine, though I work with all precision of a machine plus the intelligence of a human being. You may run for a profit or turn me for ruin -- it makes no difference to me.

Take me, Train me, Be Firm with me, and I will place the world at your feet. Be easy with me and I will destroy you..

I am the Habit.!

Leave a Reply